Vetted by The Verticale Values
Founder and maker, Shavaun is a Black woman who taps into her personal rituals and creativity to help her customers practice self-care.
For Women By Women
Shavaun founded the venn diagram of mental health, aromatherapy, and spoken word.
Spoken Flames’ candles are hand-poured in small batches and use leftover materials when they can. The candles are set in American-made glassware which can be upcycled. The wooden wicks are sourced from FSC-certified mills here in the USA. The coconut wax blend and fragrances are sourced without phthalates.
- Scent Profile: Orange Peel + Clove + Cedarwood
- 55+ Hours Burn Time
- Each candle features an audible affirmation activated via Spoken Flames’ Instagram filter
- Handpoured in Brooklyn, NY
Fit + Measurements
- 8.6 oz
- Keep the wooden wick trimmed short, preferably to 1/8th of an inch.
- Make the first burn the best burn: allow for a full melt pool (3-4 hour burn) to prevent tunneling.
- Coconut + Wax Blend
- Soft-crackling wooden wicks
- Phthalate-free & petroleum-free